Saturday Conversational English for International Students
Businesses and individuals can take advantage of American English’s flagship Conversational English training program.
Conversational English is an intensive 16-hour course in a fun, participatory, and immersive learning environment where clients will develop the speaking and listening skills they need to communicate effectively with native speakers. Emphasis is placed on proper sentence construction, the correct use of grammar, and the application of appropriate verb tenses.
By the end of the training, participants will have:
- Basic communication skills for interacting in simple ways with others
- Basic methods for building simple sentences for answering and asking questions in English
- Basic strategies for improving fluency, grammar, and vocabulary
- Tips and useful phrases for effective communication in everyday situations
- Practice opportunities for the application of communication skills in English in various situations – improving learners’ fluency, confidence, and ability to express themselves and understand others effectively.
- Practical English
- The English alphabet
- Greeting people, making introductions, speaking on the phone, asking for directions, and the like
- English Grammar for Beginners (topics will include but are not limited to the following)
- Personal pronouns, BE verbs, and contractions (“I am” = “I’m”)
- BE verbs in negative sentences (“I’m not home.”)
- Basic tenses (simple present, simple past, and simple future)
- Question words and sentence structures (who, what where, when, why, how)
- Prepositions of time and place (in, on, at)
- English Vocabulary for Beginners (topics will include but are not limited to the following)
- Basic verbs and nouns, common adjectives, irregular verbs
- Daily routines, important life events, holidays, and weather
- Times and dates
- Colors and sizes
- Countries and nationalities
- Useful words and phrases
1. Minimum required number of participants per class is 8. Class will be rescheduled to another date if minimum required number of participants is not met.
2. Full payment must be made upon enrollment. Payment includes materials and certificates.
3. All students are required to come to the class on time. Strictly no makeup class.
4. Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
5. “Don’t Speak Good. Speak Well! The ‘Nosebleed’ Edition” book is also included in the tuition.