Presentation Skills & Public Speaking
AESDC courses are taught using a combination of lectures, guided participation, drills, and practical/real-life communication practice. The course is designed to quickly equip participants with a degree of confidence in their own communication skills, allowing them to more readily participate in written exchanges.
By the end of the training, participants will have:
- Developed confidence and assertiveness in starting and delivering a presentation;
- Established immediate rapport and build a trustful and beneficial relationship with clients and stakeholders;
- Developed business etiquette;
- Enhanced their interactive and interpersonal communication skills paving the way towards learning the value of high impact presentations;
- Facilitated their own presentations using the techniques they acquired during the training.
Participants will learn how to properly plan and prepare for their presentation. This includes the organization of the presentation; such as the Opening, Body and Ending.
Participants will learn the value of looking the part and dressing to impress in order to gain credibility. More importantly however, the participants will learn the importance of fully understanding the information being presented beforehand.
Making Your Presentation Interactive
In this portion of the training, participants will learn how to incorporate certain tools and activities into their presentations in order garnish audience participation.
Communicating with Greater Impact
Participants will learn the Five Principles of Effective Communication while understanding themselves and their influences as a Communicator.
Responding to Questions
Not only will participants learn how to better address questions during and after their presentation, they will also develop their rapport building skills through small talk and assertive communication.
Facilitating Presentations Smoothly
In this final section, participants will review and learn to “close the loop” of the entire process. This includes concluding the presentation smoothly and completing all the post presentation requirements to ensure overall quality.