- October 31,2013
- No Comments »
What to Know About Effective Communication
Learning how to be a good communicator involves being exposed to three important terms: grammar, fluency, and communication skills. Here’s a sample logical explanation that links the three altogether: Possessing the ideal communication skills requires fluency in a certain language by means of using proper techniques in grammar and other factors.
English grammar is all about being able to form sentences flawlessly, whether in spoken or in written form. To be a grammar expert, one must be very familiar with these essentials:
1. Singular and Plural Nouns
2. Count Nouns vs. Non-Count Nouns
3. Possessive Nouns
5. ‘Be’ Verbs
6. Action Verbs
8. Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
10. Simple Tense
11. Progressive and Perfect Tense
12. Perfect Progressive Tense
13. Irregular Verbs
15. Infinitives 1
16. Infinitives 2
17. Active Voice and Passive Voice
18. Indicative, Imperative, Subjunctive Mood
19. Auxiliary Verbs – ‘Be’, ‘Do’, ‘Have’
20. Auxiliary Verbs – ‘Will/Would’, ‘Shall/Should’
21. Auxiliary Verbs – ‘Can/Could’, ‘May/Might/Must’
22. Prepositions – ‘On’, ‘At’, ‘In’
23. Prepositions – ‘Of’, ‘To’, ‘For’
24. Prepositions – ‘With’, ‘Over’, ‘By’
25. Conjunctions – Coordinating and Correlative
26. Conjunctions – Subordinating
27. Conjunctive Adverbs
28. Articles – Indefinite and Definite
Fluency describes a person’s ease in understanding a particular language, as well as eloquence in using it when interacting with native speakers. Related abilities include following proper order in rewording sentences, not spending too much time and effort in mental translations, and subconsciously imbibing the language in the form of dreams.
Communication skills are divided into three: speaking, writing and listening. Examples of speaking and writing skills are:
- Communication through correspondence and over the phone
- Giving criticism
- Providing motivation and support
- Persuasion and negotiation
- Gathering information
- Using appropriate body language
As for listening, one must display empathy, confirm understanding of discussed points, accepting feedback and constructive criticism, and making eye contact in order to contribute positively to any conversation or interaction.
Communication development can be made possible either through self-study or courtesy of experts in English Grammar lessons with tried-and-tested techniques. Real passion for learning definitely knows no boundaries.
There are no upcoming events at this time.