Gone are the days when we would do the rain dance to communicate with the gods to bring us rain. Fast forward 21st century when the level of effective communication is what separates individuals and businesses apart. When you communicate well, you establish a stronger workplace relationship that results in increased productivity by promoting a harmonious working environment that benefits a company as a whole.
Companies that have invested in their workers to excel with verbal and nonverbal communications skills find it easier to enter into global marketplaces than companies that do not prepare its employees. It also helps with diversity and influence employee morale.
When employees are satisfied with their jobs, they are able to efficiently perform their duties with a positive attitude. Things will go smoothly when everyone is engaged, understanding the goals and the direction of where the company is going.
WAYS TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY:
- Create An Open Line of Communication. Be it in an Open meeting or through email or One-on-one, the employee feels valuable when you try to reach out to them. It makes them feel important and this will bring out the confidence and motivation in them.
- Create A Receptive Environment. Avoid a tense environment at all costs because when you communicate in an overly intense manner, the message you are trying to share might not be well understood or retained.
- Use Simple Words. The Rule of thumb is to keep it Short and Simple. Using vague and ambiguous languages can leave you being misunderstood.
- Listen to your Team. Communication is never a one-way stream flow. It is always a two-way street. Encourage them to open up because the next brilliant idea may be in one of these minds, just waiting to come out.
- Be Prepared. Be articulate, use appropriate tone of voice and body language to make it easier for them to understand your message.
- Be Appreciative. Entertain feedbacks and always remember to thank your listeners for their time. It will cost you nothing and it’s a simple courtesy.
A perfect way to build that team spirit is by attending training workshops together. Let us treat you with FREE COFFEE AND PIZZA for every session of your training. Learning could not get any better than this!