This practical and experiential course is designed to help individuals use English with greater ease and confidence, whether for business, travel, or daily social interactions. The workshop topics draw from everyday situations to help learners more effectively and accurately convey their thoughts in English. Topics involve active listening, positive language, saying NO, giving opinions, effective questioning, body language, and communication styles (assertive, passive, and aggressive).
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Gain high awareness and confidence in communicating in Business Conversational English ( active listening, authentic skills) with various audiences through different media ( telephone, email, face to face, etc)
- Improve interpersonal and presentational communication skills for various business settings
- Improve socio-linguistic competence in English for various business and cultural settings, including small talk for rapport/ relationship-building, small group communication, negotiating, etc.
- Enhance strategic competence by gaining new strategies for overcoming difficulties and challenges in communication
- Install processes for continuous learning and peer coaching