- The course focuses on
- increasing appreciation and understanding of communication requirements in the ‘new normal’, including communication tools and technologies
- using active listening and emotional intelligence to assess customer situations and needs
- using critical thinking skills to identify problems and solutions/options quickly
- using empathy and grace when communicating difficult information (refusals, technical info, etc) and smoothing difficult conversations
- using assertiveness techniques in resolving issues and concerns definitively and in guiding clients effectively.
- Apply self-management techniques to manage stress and maintain composure during challenging conversations
Enhance your ability to deal with multiple customer demands – requests, complaints, decisions – by learning techniques in Empathy & Assertiveness and empathy, and consistently deliver service with grace and confidence.
Who can take the course
- Front line service personnel in government, non-government or private sector
Number of participants: 12-20
Enrollment Period: TBA
Class will start on: TBA
2 – 4 hours per day
Q: Does the course cover online and in-person communication with customers?
A: Yes. Depending on participants’ needs, the course includes techniques for both online, in-person and email communication with customers. Participants apply strategies and techniques in handling various customer service situations, such as receiving and refusing/granting, effective questioning, giving information clearly but kindly, empathizing with customer situations while saying ‘no’, and other types of communication.
Q: Will the course help me deal with difficult customers?
A: Yes, participants get to practice using empathy and assertiveness strategies to manage difficult clients, de-escalate and resolve conflicts, and bring tense and stressful situations to a positive conclusion.
Q: Do I need customer service experience to take the course?
A: No. The course is designed to accommodate both experienced and inexperienced customer service professionals.